If there are questions regarding any of these studies, please contact Community Development Director, Eric Johnson, at 218-729-3600.
Munger Trail Spur Connection:
The cities of Proctor and Hermantown were awarded a 2015 grant through the Clean Water, Land, and Legacy Amendment to complete the planning work for a future trail connection to the Munger Trail in Duluth. The work included a route planning analysis, feasibility study, and some preliminary engineering.
Multiple community meetings were held and information about the routes provided by the consultants at those meetings can be found at the links below.
Though the general route has be identified, note that the route can still be changed to accommodate the best option for avoiding negative impacts to residents and the highest level of accessibility for trail users. An example of these changes is noticeable in looking at the 2015 maps in comparison to current parks and trails maps which take into account trunk sewer work set to be performed in 2020.
- Munger Trail Spur Options – Nov. 17th Map Preview
- Press Release – Nov. 20th Open House Meeting
- Paved Trail Example – Battle Creek Regional Park
- Evaluation Matrix
- Dec 23 Route Options Maps
- Route Choices – Boards from January 14th Meeting
- March 5th Preferred Route Handout
- April 8th – Preferred Alignment
Preferred Alignment Developed by HKGi following March Meetings
- Munger Trail Spur Master Plan