2020 Election Dates
- August 11, 2020 – Primary Election
Absentee ballots are now available. To vote by absentee ballot for the August 11, 2020 Primary Election, you have the following options:
- Fill out an on-line absentee ballot application by clicking on the Absentee Ballot Info button on the right side of this page and a ballot will be mailed to you.
- Fill out a paper absentee ballot application by clicking on the Absentee Ballot Info button on the right side of this page, send to the City of Hermantown, 5105 Maple Grove Road, Hermantown, MN 55811 and a ballot will be mailed to you.
- Vote by absentee in person at City Hall. (COVID-19 precautions are appreciated).
See dates and times below:
Absentee ballots are available at the Hermantown Governmental Services Building, 5105 Maple Grove Road, Hermantown, MN Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM until August 7, 2020, Saturday, August 8, 2020 from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM and Monday, August 10, 2020 from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM preceding the August 11, 2020 Primary Election.
Voter Registration is open daily from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM at the Clerk’s Office, Governmental Services Building, 5105 Maple Grove Road for the August 11, 2020 Primary Election. (COVID-19 precautions are appreciated).
If you are a new resident, eighteen (18) years old, or have changed your name or address, you may register in advance.
July 21, 2020 will be the last day to register in advance for the Primary Election.
- November 3, 2020 – General Election
Registration on Election Day
Be sure to bring along proof of residence. As proof of residence, any one of the following is authorized.
- Valid Minnesota driver’s license or learner’s permit (or receipt for either) showing current address in precinct
- Valid Minnesota identification card (or receipt) showing current address or one of the above with a former address and a current utility bill
- Tribal ID
- A current utility bill with a photo ID card
- U. S. passport with current utility bill
- U. S. military ID card with current utility bill
- Oath of a voter registered in the precinct, who is not a challenger, signed in the presence of a judge who also signs the oath
“Notice of ineffective registration”
- Valid registration in the same precinct
Students may use:
- Student ID card fee statement
- Student registration card with current address on it
- A certified student list with current address & student photo ID
- A utility bill with current address & student ID card
Qualifications for Voters
To vote in any election in Minnesota, you must be:
- 18 or more years of age on the day of the election
- A citizen of the United States
- A resident of the state for at least 20 days
* If you have not voted in the last four years, changed your name or address, you must re-register on Election Day at your precinct.*
Hermantown Campaign Finance Reports