Voter Registration is open daily from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM at the Clerk’s Office, Governmental Services Building, 5105 Maple Grove Road for the November 3, 2020 General Election. (COVID-19 precautions are required).
If you are a new resident, eighteen (18) years old, or have changed your name or address, you may register in advance.
October 13, 2020 will be the last day to register in advance for the General Election.
Absentee ballots are now available. To vote by absentee ballot for the General Election on November 3, 2020, you have the following options:
- Fill out an online absentee ballot application here or on the button/link on this page and a ballot will be mailed to you.
- Fill out a paper absentee ballot application here or on the button/link on this page and send it to the City of Hermantown, 5105 Maple Grove Road, Hermantown, MN 55811 and a ballot will be mailed to you.
- Vote by absentee in person at City Hall. (COVID-19 precautions are required).
See dates and times below:
Absentee ballots are available at the Hermantown Governmental Services Building, 5105 Maple Grove Road, Hermantown, MN Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM until October 30, 2020, Saturday, October 31, 2020, from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM and Monday, November 2, 2020, from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM preceding the November 3, 2020, General Election.
If you have chosen option #1 or #2 above, requesting an online or mailed absentee ballot, do not also attempt to vote absentee at City Hall (#3).
*If you want to drop off your completed absentee ballot instead of sending it through the mail, you can drop it off at City Hall, 5105 Maple Grove Road during business hours. The deadline to drop off your absentee ballot is Tuesday, November 3, 2020, by 3:00 p.m.*
2020 Election Dates
November 3, 2020 – General Election
General Election – Sample Ballot
You can also find information regarding your ballot here.
VOTING ENTRANCE LOCATION CHANGE FOR PRECINCT 3
Hermantown’s 3rd Precinct voters will still vote at Salem Lutheran Church at 4715 Hermantown Road, but will now enter from behind the building to vote. The shift in where voting occurs within Salem Lutheran Church is in accommodation of health, safety, and distancing requirements related to COVID-19.
Registration on Election Day
Be sure to bring along proof of residence. As proof of residence, any one of the following is authorized.
- Valid Minnesota driver’s license or learner’s permit (or receipt for either) showing current address in precinct
- Valid Minnesota identification card (or receipt) showing current address or one of the above with a former address and a current utility bill
- Tribal ID
- A current utility bill with a photo ID card
- U. S. passport with current utility bill
- U. S. military ID card with current utility bill
- Oath of a voter registered in the precinct, who is not a challenger, signed in the presence of a judge who also signs the oath
“Notice of ineffective registration”
- Valid registration in the same precinct
Students may use:
- Student ID card fee statement
- Student registration card with current address on it
- A certified student list with current address & student photo ID
- A utility bill with current address & student ID card
Qualifications for Voters
To vote in any election in Minnesota, you must be:
- 18 or more years of age on the day of the election
- A citizen of the United States
- A resident of the state for at least 20 days
* If you have not voted in the last four years, changed your name or address, you must re-register on Election Day at your precinct.*
Hermantown Campaign Finance Reports