There are four private cemeteries and a city cemetery located within Hermantown. The City of Hermantown Cemetery is located at 5345 Morris Thomas Road. The eligibility requirements for burial in the City of Hermantown Cemetery are as follows:
- Persons who have resided in the city for 30 years or more.
- Persons who are landowners and residents of the city for at least five consectutive years at the time of their death.
- Persons who were landowners and residents of the city for at least five consecutive years until taking up residence in a skilled nursing care facility.
- Persons residing in an apartment or other leased or rented dwelling unit in the city for five consecutive years at the time of their death.
- Dependent children of persons eligible for burial.
No burial lots in the City of Hermantown Cemetery may be reserved by any person eligible to be buried. However, the surviving spouse of a person buried in the Hermantown City Cemetery may reserve the lot next to the lot in which his/her spouse is buried. The city also imposes other limitations. Please contact Paul Senst, Public Works Director at 218-729-3640 for more details on limitations.